In the past, restoring oral health involved the placement of metal dental crowns, but thankfully today there are much more cosmetically pleasing solutions for returning strength and integrity to damaged teeth. Today’s dental restorations, including porcelain crowns, improve form, function, and natural appearance to your smile so you can enjoy a mouth full of healthy teeth. Made to the highest standard, porcelain crowns from Chianese Dental are strong, secure, and long-lasting.
Function of porcelain crowns
Dental crowns repair a damaged tooth or a tooth that is likely to suffer damage by covering the entire visible surface area. Dentists also use dental crowns to seal teeth after a root canal, secure dental bridges, and as placement over the titanium root of dental implants. The material used in past dental crowns by dentists was metal because of its strong protection, but today’s porcelain crowns are a much more attractive alternative.
Innovations in dental porcelain mean that porcelain crowns are now durable and strong enough to fulfill the roles previously taken by metal crowns. Porcelain crowns have a natural looking appearance that makes them an ideal treatment for teeth suffering from decay or root canal infections. Crowns also serve as replacements for missing teeth when attached to dental implants. The versatility of porcelain crowns makes them appealing to dentists and their patients for a superior cosmetic and functional repair.
Benefits of porcelain crowns
Porcelain crowns are an obvious choice for dental restorations due to their natural appearance, strength, and versatility, but they offer additional benefits including:
- Patients can salvage more of their natural teeth, which is often preferable to extraction
- Custom designed to blend naturally with surrounding teeth in shape, color, texture, and size
- Work in combination with teeth whitening and porcelain veneers for a smile makeover plan
- Last 10+ years with proper oral hygiene and dental visits
- Restoration of patient’s bite strength
- Eliminate or lessen pain and discomfort from cracked or weakened teeth
- Improve biting and chewing that suffered from damaged teeth
- Safe, healthy, and effective
With all the unique benefits of porcelain crowns, you don’t need to endure the embarrassment of unattractive metal crowns or suffer from damaged teeth because you’re concerned about treatment options. Modern porcelain crowns can restore your smile to its natural beauty while repairing damage to your teeth, which improves your overall oral health.